At the outset, please be informed that I am not a member of any political parties. I am truly apolitical and non-partisan. Our Constitution grants the freedom of expression and I believe that the freedom of expression in a democracy must not be aimed at defamation. Rather it should be based on authentic evidences and other prerequisite justifications.
Further, freedom of expression should not be clumsy and for this freedom, the expresser must be responsible and disciplined by taking meticulous precautions. Till date, the Bhutanomics website has published huge information mostly about the elite and incumbent people – some are true, some are biased, comments are ridiculous, and some are dangerous for our fledgling democracy. Some of the incumbent politicians who served the nation for many years are put behind bars, some in maroon robes and with best bib and tucker, some just bored the pants off the elite people, and comments on each article are always at sixes and sevens. While such website is a must for democracy and a corruption free society, it can also hamper and belittle our reputation as a GNH nation. The readers must be cackled and chuckled because the freelance writers cum anonymous contributors has written much in hilarious way – I mean hidden truth in gags style.
In a democratic form of government, the politicians and top bureaucratic people are legitimate target for satire. In the middle-east, the top most people are caught for corruption scandals, sexual misconduct and other official misbehaves. No matter how powerful and rich they are, the law of land supersedes them by putting them behind bars. This means, for democracy, every ruler must have a clean mind and the fundamental rights must not be ignored. But is this possible? Can ACC make Bhutan a corruption free society? While I truly acknowledge the tremendous achievements made by ACC in reducing corruption. In addition, there are certain facts brought about by Bhutanomics which needs strict ACC attentions. But If ACC dig out the every issue raised by Bhutanomics, then majority of Bhutanese will go behind bars. I believe that we are a small nation with a countable population, and directly or indirectly we are related to each other. That is why even if someone writes gawky article on Bhutanomics, the writer can be easily found out. But how many of us know who the freelance writers of Bhutanomics are?
1. Tenzin Lamsang became popular after he dug out the Gyelposhing land scam in detail. He was called as Tenzin Badpath or Tenzin Landscam by many of my friends because he enjoys disrespecting the DPT people and enjoys truly in favouring PDP -People’s Disharmony Party. Earlier he worked in NDTV (New Delhi Television) and he is good in prodding news source, expert in advising Editor Sonam Pelvar to write something bad about DPT and misinform the public. He truly hates DPT. His writing skills is not even 0.02% of Dr. Sonam Kinga and if you don’t believe this, ask Lyonpo Nandal Rai. Even Nandal Rai can detect the mistakes made by ‘The Bhutanese’ newspaper.
2. The second freelance writer is JTC – Jurmi Talisman Chowing who wrote many letters on behalf of Pemagatselpa to JYT on Bhutanomics. He keeps updating and writes dirty things about JYT on facebook without proper evidences. He tweets in the name of JYT and misinforms globally. He earlier worked as editor of ‘The Journalist’ newspaper and later in Drukpa Magazine. Married to a foreigner, he hardly appreciates the developments brought about by DPT. He admired one thing about DPT, i.e. his status about JYT in facebook. His knowledge is not even 1/5th of JYT, Dasho Karma Ura and Dr. Sonam Kinga. Enough can be defined as ‘enough’ only. We understood your intentions and we don’t need criticisms only. We sometime obliged to read positive comments.
3. If a freelance writer posts article about PDP, then the group of freelance writers will directly ignore. These writers are politically influenced and biased.
Enough is enough!
This story by Wakawaka first appeared as a comment under our article Jigmi Y Thinley – The Monster That Democracy Created.
- Please contribute articles at: email@example.com
- Or contribute articles anonymously by clicking this link.