The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) yesterday submitted evidences based on the 23 charges against the Speaker, Jigme Tshultim, at the Mongar District Court. The documents stated that the Speaker had allotted land to those who did not fulfill the criteria.
Majority of the beneficiaries, in their statements to the ACC, said they were not aware of the criteria. Some even said they didn’t know that they had acquired land until it came out in the media. A few of them said, they had put up application after being suggested by the Speaker, who was the then Mongar Dzongda. The beneficiaries are mostly, directly or indirectly, related to higher rank civil servants including Ministers according to ACC’s statement.
The Speaker is scheduled to submit his evidences on January 22.
The ACC also submitted the rebuttal statement against the Home Minister, Minjur Dorji. According to the statement, as the Chairperson of the allotment committee then, Lyonpo Minjur Dorji had deviated from the set criteria and allotted land as per his preferences.
However, the representative of Lyonpo argued that since the authority is clear from the Zonal Administration and the then Department of Urban Development and Housing circular following the Royal Kaja, it is a procedural lapse and so the case doesn’t fall under the criminal charge under the Bhutan Penal Code.
Also in this series: Gyalpoizhing Land Scam in Court
- Dechen Singye Defends Gyalpoizhing Plot Allotment
- Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members in Mongar Court
- Minjur Dorji in Mongar Court for Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- ACC Rebuts Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members
- ACC Rebuts Speaker Jigme Tshultim in Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- Mongar Court Full Steam with Gylapoizhing Land Scam Case
- Minjur Dorji Must Be Held Responsible
- Jigme Tshultim is Accused of Forgery, Deceptive Practices, Sale of Government Land and Illegal Registration of Government Land
- ACC: Minjur Dorji Illegally Gave Land to Kharchu Dratshang and Drametse Dratshang
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Says Not Guilty
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Wants TV Broadcast From The Courtroom
- Gyalpoizhing Land Beneficiaries Related to High Ranking Officials
- Minjur Dorji Wrote Minutes of the Meeting in His Own Handwriting
- PM JYT: Speaker and Home Minister Didn’t Do Anything Wrong
- Jigme Tshultim Provided With Heaters in Mongar Court
- Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case Court Verdict
- Finally A Superman – Er… A Superwoman