Speaker Jigme Tshultim, submitted his second rebuttal statement against the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to the Mongar District Court yesterday.
Speaker Jigme Tshultim once again refuted all the charges pressed against him by the ACC and pleaded not guilty.
The Speaker in his statement reiterated that all the plot allotments were done according to the law. He once again asked the constitutionality and locus standi of the case and if the ACC’s Act can be applied retrospectively.
The Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case, the Speaker added, is aimed at hampering the reputation of his Party and the institution of democracy.
Speaker Jigme Tshultim, as then the Mongar Dzongda and the Chairman of the Gyalpoizhing Plot Allotment Committee, is accused of forgery, deceptive practice, sale of Government land and illegal registration of Government land.
The Anti-Corruption Commission will rebut the Speaker’s statement on Monday.
Hearings for the committee members are also being conducted simultaneously. Around 18 committee members are being charged for official misconduct. As a committee member then, they are all charged for not carrying out their responsibilities diligently. Around four to six hearings on Gyalpoizhing Land Case are being held at the Mongar District Court on a daily basis.
Also in this series: Gyalpoizhing Land Scam in Court
- Dechen Singye Defends Gyalpoizhing Plot Allotment
- Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members in Mongar Court
- Minjur Dorji in Mongar Court for Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- ACC Rebuts Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members
- ACC Rebuts Speaker Jigme Tshultim in Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- Mongar Court Full Steam with Gylapoizhing Land Scam Case
- Minjur Dorji Must Be Held Responsible
- Jigme Tshultim is Accused of Forgery, Deceptive Practices, Sale of Government Land and Illegal Registration of Government Land
- ACC: Minjur Dorji Illegally Gave Land to Kharchu Dratshang and Drametse Dratshang
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Says Not Guilty
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Wants TV Broadcast From The Courtroom
- Gyalpoizhing Land Beneficiaries Related to High Ranking Officials
- Minjur Dorji Wrote Minutes of the Meeting in His Own Handwriting
- PM JYT: Speaker and Home Minister Didn’t Do Anything Wrong
- Jigme Tshultim Provided With Heaters in Mongar Court
- Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case Court Verdict
- Finally A Superman – Er… A Superwoman