The image above is a screen capture of the Ministry of Finance’s website (www.mof.gov.bt). In the right hand column where it says Wangdiphodrang Dzong Reconstruction Fund they have used a picture of Bumthang Jakar Dzong. This simple case highlights many issues in the way we Bhutanese work:
1. The webmaster was looking for a photograph of the Wangdue Dzong, was too lazy, just Googled “dzong” and used the first image that came up. He must have thought it didn’t matter as no one ever visited the Ministry website, and even if they did, no one would notice, and even if people noticed, no would would care.
2. Ministry officials must surely have noticed. They surely must visit their own website, right? Wrong. No one cares whats happening in their own backyard. No one cares.
3. Experiment: Now that this has been pointed out on Bhutanomics, with a daily viewership of about 10,000, lets see how long the Ministry of Finance takes to correct this. That is if they care.
1:20 PM, 11 Jan, 2013 – Ministry of Finance has changed the photograph. It took them 4 hours after this story went online.
Contributed by Wangdi Norb using our anonymous system.
- Please contribute articles at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or contribute articles anonymously by clicking this link.