As the then Mongar Dzongda, the Home Minister, Minjur Dorji, had knowingly and intentionally allotted plots to those who are not eligible, according to the Anti-Corruption Commission’s (ACC) rebuttal statement. “He must be held responsible,” it read.
The Anti-Corruption Commission submitted its rebuttal statement against Lyonpo Minjur Dorji to the Mongar District Court yesterday.
The Home Minister, as the then Mongar Dzongda, is accused of allotting land to Kharchu and Dramitse Dratsangs and a private individual, illegally in Gyalpoizhing in 2005. He has been charged for official misconduct with criminal intention, under Section 294 of the Bhutan Penal Code.
Refuting the claims, the Home Minister’s legal council, said the allotment was done according to the law and the charges against the Minister should be dropped.
Also, in Lyonpo’s statement to the court on January 3, Lyonpo refuted the charges pressed against him by the Anti-Corruption Commission.
The Home Minster’s legal council will rebut ACC’s statement on Monday.
Also in this series: Gyalpoizhing Land Scam in Court
- Dechen Singye Defends Gyalpoizhing Plot Allotment
- Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members in Mongar Court
- Minjur Dorji in Mongar Court for Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- ACC Rebuts Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members
- ACC Rebuts Speaker Jigme Tshultim in Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- Mongar Court Full Steam with Gylapoizhing Land Scam Case
- Minjur Dorji Must Be Held Responsible
- Jigme Tshultim is Accused of Forgery, Deceptive Practices, Sale of Government Land and Illegal Registration of Government Land
- ACC: Minjur Dorji Illegally Gave Land to Kharchu Dratshang and Drametse Dratshang
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Says Not Guilty
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Wants TV Broadcast From The Courtroom
- Gyalpoizhing Land Beneficiaries Related to High Ranking Officials
- Minjur Dorji Wrote Minutes of the Meeting in His Own Handwriting
- PM JYT: Speaker and Home Minister Didn’t Do Anything Wrong
- Jigme Tshultim Provided With Heaters in Mongar Court
- Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case Court Verdict
- Finally A Superman – Er… A Superwoman