The infamous Chang Ugyen, an ex councillor sold 7 acres of government land to five individuals while he was a gup in 1987. He also converted his 2 decimal land into 3 acres as the Vice President of DPT. Despite his past, he is considered by many insiders as the Othello of DPT. Tall, dark, vocal, and corrupt. Has a kanchi in town. He is all out to place Baap and Wang dominance in DPT. Let me bring to your notice the following developments in the DPT camp:-
- To replace MP Tshering Penjore from Punakha with NC Chairman Namgay Penjore. Namgay Penjore’s wife’s brother is married to Chang Ugyen’s daughter (of Athang Institute).
- Kinga Tshering, former CEO of Bank of Bhutan, transferred his census a year back to Upper Thimphu and now will be contesting from there. Kinga is a Baap and distantly related to Chang Ugyen – not very close but a Bapp nevertheless.
- Current Thimphu Thrompon Kinley (Baap) is planned as Zimba replacement for 2018. Kinley and Kinga’s wives are related.
- Dr. Sonam Wangyel Wang from Wang transferred his census to Punakha to replace Namgay Wangchuk in 2013. He has played several archery matches, installed a flour mill, appears on BBS TV for no subject of his. Dzongrab Dago is Wangyel’s uncle. Dago and Chang Ugyen are Jaani Dosts.
- Namgay Lhendup the RICB CEO is contesting from Trongsa. Namgay’s wife is a Baap and related to Chang Ugyen.
While politics is a game, such dirty approach for ensuring Baap and Chang dominance in DPT is not healthy for the country and somehow the arrogant JYT’s ball is in Chang Ugyen’s hands. Does anyone know what Ugyen has that keeps JYT rolling to his music?
This story is contributed by Tashi.
- Please contribute articles at: email@example.com
- Or contribute articles anonymously by clicking this link.