ACC reiterated that the land allotment was done illegally and the Allotment Committee had not allotted land on a priority basis.
ACC said the land should have been first allotted to those holding business licenses, followed by local residents and the rest. ACC also added that most of the recipients were the rich and influential people.
However, the Speaker refuted the charges saying that he had not violated any laws. Citing Article 27 Section 6 of the Constitution, the Speaker said ACC should function according to the Anti-Corruption Act.
The Speaker said the Act came only after 2011 and therefore ACC cannot take up cases, which happened some 13 to 14 years ago. He also said the ACC do not have legal mandate to prosecute the case as per the Constitution.
The Home Minister Minjur Dorji, also submitted his rebuttal statement. Lyonpo said as the Mongar Dzongda then, he had been following the Royal Kaja and the order from the Zonal Administration then.
He said there was no violation of Kajas since the allotment was done only after urban land was sold by the state to the public.
The verdicts will be passed beginning tomorrow.
Also in this series: Gyalpoizhing Land Scam in Court
- Dechen Singye Defends Gyalpoizhing Plot Allotment
- Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members in Mongar Court
- Minjur Dorji in Mongar Court for Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- ACC Rebuts Gyalpoizhing Land Allotment Committee Members
- ACC Rebuts Speaker Jigme Tshultim in Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case
- Mongar Court Full Steam with Gylapoizhing Land Scam Case
- Minjur Dorji Must Be Held Responsible
- Jigme Tshultim is Accused of Forgery, Deceptive Practices, Sale of Government Land and Illegal Registration of Government Land
- ACC: Minjur Dorji Illegally Gave Land to Kharchu Dratshang and Drametse Dratshang
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Says Not Guilty
- Speaker Jigme Tshultim Wants TV Broadcast From The Courtroom
- Gyalpoizhing Land Beneficiaries Related to High Ranking Officials
- Minjur Dorji Wrote Minutes of the Meeting in His Own Handwriting
- PM JYT: Speaker and Home Minister Didn’t Do Anything Wrong
- Jigme Tshultim Provided With Heaters in Mongar Court
- Gyalpoizhing Land Scam Case Court Verdict
- Finally A Superman – Er… A Superwoman